Summary Terms and Conditions
No refund or credit if you can't pickup item(s) during pickup window. We may charge removal and/or storage fees for items not picked up. Please bring packing material and help to move heavy and/or large items. Please contact Whimsy Estate Finds at 571-367-4622 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate pickup arrangements.
Main Location: 24083 Stone Springs Blvd, Arcola, VA 20166
We and our sellers require knowing that you are a serious bidder before we can allow you to make offers on great merchandise. Upon successful registration, we will do a pre-authorization check of $1 to your card on file but you will not be billed/charged anything until after you win at auction. To clarify, your card will only be charged the full winning amount at the end of the auction for the lots that you successfully win. Best of luck and may the high bidder always win!
Shipping options available and provided by a third-party entity through all major shippers (UPS, USPS, and FedEx). Call for more details: 571-367-4622.
By Participating All Bidders Agree:
All items are sold "as is / where is", with all faults, known & unknown, with no guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied, of any kind, including but not limited to condition, authenticity or testing, completeness, suitability, fitness or merchantability for any purpose. All sales are final! No credits or refunds of any kind are given. You are bidding and buying based upon your own inspection, your own determination of value, and your own decision to bid. WEF takes no responsibility for errors or omissions of any kind, including catalog descriptions and photographs.
Rock My Auction and rockmyauction.com, hereinafter known as RMA and Whimsy Estate Finds and whimsyestatefinds.com, hereinafter known as WEF and its related sites, services, applications, domain names, and tools (collectively, the “Site”) are owned and operated by WEF in order to provide an online auction platform and related services through which goods may be bid upon and sold to you.
Fine Print Details
Each buyer agrees upon registration for bidding that he/she has seen and agrees to these terms and conditions of the auction. You are responsible for your own items after making a winning bid. Your card on file will be auto-charged your full winning bid amount, including buyer's premium and sales tax fees associated in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
1. You are required to register with a valid credit card. To ascertain the validity of your credit card on file, you are authorizing Rock My Auction to test your line of credit with a $1 soft hold. You will not be charged anything unless you actually win a placed bid at auction. However, in fairness to all of our bidders, we must work to ensure that everyone has the funds to back up their purchases. This also guards against false shill bids.
2. A 10% buyers premium will be added to your final net winning bids amount. For example, if you win an item at $10, your final bill will be $10 + 10% or $1 for a total of $11. Virginia sales tax also applies. See below.
3. Virginia State sales tax of 6% will be charged for purchases unless a valid tax exemption number is provided at the time of registration and physical proof is provided at the time of pickup. If you are out of state and paying for your item to be shipped, interstate sales tax as part of e-commerce may not apply. Otherwise, the 6% Virginia sales tax will be added to your final bill and charged to your registered credit card.
4. Before you bid, please take note of the pickup day and make arrangements to have the item picked up that day or shipped. Failure to pickup an item forfeits your right to the item. Your credit card will still be charged per the terms of this agreement and to guard against false/shill bids. Your only recourse apart from picking up the phone and making other arrangements prior to the end of the allotted pickup time on the designated pickup day is to reconsign the item for auction per the terms of our consignment agreement found separately. However, items not picked up on the designated pickup day may be considered abandoned and become the property of Rock My Auction for disposal or re-auctioning.
5. Rock My Auction shall not be held responsible for any "miscued" bids by you, the bidder (e.g., placing the decimal point in the wrong place, bidding on the wrong lot/item, your cat jumped on the keyboard at just the wrong time, your kids want to buy gear without your knowledge, Russia hacks into your computer, etc.). You are solely responsible for the bids placed from your registered account and device.
6. All sales are final. Rock My Auction and its affiliates/consignors have put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction with accurate and helpful descriptions. All property is sold "as-is" and it is the bidder's responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. You may call or e-mail if you have any questions not covered in our descriptions or pictures or visit the preview for the auction if available. Printed statements or descriptions by staff are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion only. Absolutely NO refunds will be offered for claimed inaccuracies.
7. By bidding on any item, you, the bidder, show your acceptance of the terms of this auction.
8. Rock My Auction reserves the right to refuse service or decline registration to any person with or without reason.
9. Rock My Auction does not offer shipping services directly. Third-party shipping options, rates, insurance, and fees are available upon request. Rock My Auction is not responsible for the damage done to any won items at auction while in transit. Third-party terms and conditions and insurance coverage may apply.
10. In the case of any and all irreconcilable disputes, the governing laws of Virginia in court or through legally appointed arbitration shall apply.
11. A 3% credit card servicing fee will be charged in addition to the 10% buyers premium and and 6% Virginia sales tax on top of the hammer/winning bid price.